Sunday, September 9, 2012

The Cool Mom

It was a gorgeous day out today so I decided we would spend a little time at the park.  We went to a park that also has an area that sprays water all over it.  Honestly, I thought they had turned this function off by now but NOPE when we got there it was splashing in full effect.  For miles you could hear kids saying "can we go in there"  "I want to go in the water" "please mom"…and then you heard the responses "don't you get in that water" "you're not getting in my truck wet" "don't even think about it". Well Nolan was one of the kids gazing at the water from afar and he ever so politely asked if he could go over and I said "of course you can."  I am so sick of telling him "No" lately that today I thought, why the hell not?  It's just water people…news flash:  IT DRIES!  Nolan thought I was the coolest, and as all the other kids stood there watching in jealousy I can't lie…I thought I was the coolest too.  Doesn't he look happy?


Here he is showing me how he was Iron Man flying through the tunnel to dry off...



If you were wondering,  the answer is yes I had Bennett with me as well.  I'm Cool, but not Awesome.  He'll have to wait a bit before I let him getting soaking wet.  I can only handle one mess at a time.


3 comments:

  1. Hmm, this place seems familiar. You should have just told your readers, see Stephanie's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I just went and looked. I was not up to date. Now I understand why when we got to the park the first thing Nolan said to me was…Can I take my shirt off? And to think I almost complimented you in this blog post, something about you being the cool mom that usually lets her kids do that kind of stuff…but I decided to keep it to myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for that. Everyone already knows that I rock. Also MIL & I totally let your kid run around shirtless all day at the park. Hopefully we saw someone respectable that you know.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive