Thursday, April 25, 2013

The Hungry Caterpillar

As I write this I'm wondering where time goes.  I say that not only because I can't believe Mr.Logan is already one, but I also say it because he turned one a LONG time ago and I'm just now getting to posting some pictures.  Sad.  He'll be driving before I post pics of his second birthday probably, sorry kid.

Anyway, Logan had a very festive party with a theme of "The Hungry Caterpillar".  Poor kid's scheduled birthday party got snowed out (yep that's how long ago it was), so it was rescheduled for the next day which happened to be a Monday.  I can't lie, I'm a fan of a Monday night party.  Pick the kids up, bring them to someone else's house to scream and get this…they feed them.  SCORE.  I'm just saying, I wouldn't say no to a middle of the week party if you were contemplating one.  

Here are some of the details of the party, complete with cake pop caterpillars, "dirt" pudding desserts and caterpillar grapes.  Oh the things we do for our kids that they will never know or appreciate…
(don't worry Kim, I appreciated it all)


Then it was on to the cake smash.  There wasn't so much smashing, as Logan wasn't a huge fan.  But at one point I do remember him having a hammer…though I don't have a picture.  But that, my friends, is a true cake smash.





Some of the party goers...



I made the picture on the left black and white in hopes that it would draw less attention to the fact that I have "that kid" that was smack dab in the middle of all the presents.  Kim said "he's such a good helper".  What she really meant was…"get your annoying child out of my kid's way".  Lucky for her I speak "passive aggressive parenting" too, and I swooped him out whenever possible.  Obviously AFTER I took this picture.  Timing really is everything and I have never been good with timing.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive