Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Easter Part 2

Easter Part 2 took place at Chad's Aunt's house.  They have a huge yard perfect for egg hunting at it's finest, EXCEPT there had been a lot of rain and therefore there was a lot of mud!  Some of the children, uh hum Stephanie's kids, were more prepared than others with their rubber boots and all (show offs).  My kids are tough though, they were just fine tromping through the mud in their regular ole' tennis shoes…that are still sitting in the garage with mud caked on them.  Anyway, muddy feet or not I think the kids had a grand old time.  

Before the hunt I made all the kids pose for a group picture because…I'm mean.  Most of Chad's cousins are quite a bit younger than us and therefore have not dove into the joyous stage of life with kids so you'll note it's really just our immediate crew here with one extra little guest.  Poor girl, didn't know what hit her…and she sat next to Bennett (bad move).  Here is the best shot I got, sad but true...

  

And here is one of the outtakes, I mean look at Bennett's flexibility.  That's just downright impressive.


Then they were off for some egg hunting fun...


Bennett was more interested in the football and would not let it out of his sight…or hands for that matter.



Here are some of those fancy boots I was talking about...





And now, as much as it pains me, I have to give props to my sister in law Stephanie.  I gave her the impossible task of taking a family picture for me.  And believe it or not…it's decent!  Not that I didn't have faith in Stephanie's photography skills, that's not the case at all.  I didn't have faith in my children's ability to cooperate with photographs!  But look at them go (I mean they are at least both looking)…note the football still made the picture ;)  Happy Easter!







1 comment:

  1. Hopefully you learned your lesson & will bring the proper footwear for your children next year. And that picture is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive