Saturday, April 6, 2013

Soccer Mom

Nolan enrolled in his first organized sport, which officially makes me a soccer mom.  Don't worry, I haven't procured the stick figures for my car windows…yet.  But I do feel like this is quite the milestone.  He had his first game the other day so before we left I decided to grab a picture as to not embarrass him in front of his friends when we got there.  I'm so considerate.



After our little photo sesh it was time to head on over to the fields.  They started out with a little practice.  Don't get too attached to the cute little jacket Nolan is wearing in these pictures, it was a casualty of the first soccer game.  Someone (who will remain nameless but who's name rhymes with Rad), took it off and left it at the field.  I'm not bitter, oh wait...yes I am.


This is Henry, he was not all that impressed with soccer…or my camera.  


And now it was time for the game!!


To be honest the game was less of a cluster than I thought it would be.  I mean still a cluster, just not as big as I had imagined.  It's 3 on 3, no goalie and the coaches ref.  Fairly harmless.  Except when your team trips all over themselves!  Below is one of those occasions.  At one point the 3rd kid in red was on the pile as well, but I wasn't quick enough with my camera to get the 3 deep pile up.  You can see by the coaches expression he was uber-impressed with their skills.


Nolan did really great.  I was a little worried about how aggressive he would be.  I thought he would kind of stand back and watch it all go down, but he got right in there and gave it his all. I was really proud of him, I guess that's why people put those dumb stick figures on their cars…because they are so proud.  Hmmmm, is that one of those things I'll do that I said I never would?  Kind of like dressing my kids alike?  Next thing you know I'll be driving a minivan too, a minivan with stick figures.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive