Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Everything Is Not Awesome

Let me set the scene.  We were sitting at the Christmas Dinner table at my Mom and Dad's house.  At the table sat myself, Nolan, Chad, Geoff (my brother), Sharon (my sister in law) and My Grandma (Nolan's Great Grandma).  My Mom and Dad were in the kitchen as well buzzing around getting the final touches ready for our meal.  And then this went down...

Nolan: (singing) Everything is awesome when you're part of a team, everything is awesooooooome.

(For those of you not hip to pop culture, these are the lyrics to a song from the new Lego Movie.)

Nolan: You know Mom, everything isn't awesome.

Oblivious Me: Oh, it's not?

Nolan: No.  It's not awesome when someone kicks you in the nuts.

Me: WHAT? NOLAN!  Where did you hear that?

Chad: Reid calls them his jelly jells.

Me: You're not helping. (insert evil eye)

So, a couple of things here.  I'll just let you know.  It's REALLY hard to keep a straight face and correct your child when 1) your spouse says the words "jelly jells" 2) when the rest of your family is laughing uncontrollably.  I'll also point out that he is probably absolutely correct.  I can't imagine that if someone kicks you in the nuts you would describe that feeling as awesome.  I mean I don't have firsthand experience in this category but I've got to believe he's telling the truth.  So can I really be mad?  Lastly and most importantly, I'm thankful my grandma can't hear a damn thing.


1 comment:

  1. Jelly Jells is a totally better word than Nuts, just sayin.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive