Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Random Ramblings

I am about to bombard you with a lot of useless information.  Slow News Weeks = Sucky Blog Posts.  I didn't even bother to get out my real camera, I'm talking Phone Pics all around.  Hollar!  Here is what is going on at the Struckmann House these days…

This past weekend we finally got these gems...Baby Gates!!  Who's jealous?  I can't lie this little installation will make our house INSTANTLY go up on the coolness scale with many of my friends. That's how lame we are these days.  Baby Gates = Awesomeness.
#neverthoughtthisdaywouldcome


Chad does this thing where he conveniently forgets to tell me things, like…"you need to take the boys to school on Tuesday"...until the night before.  NOTHING makes me more mad quite honestly.  So he told me on Monday night that I needed to take the boys on Tuesday and then I immediately left to go do Zumba.  What?  I like to work out.  Okay okay perhaps I just didn't want to deal with the bedtime routine on this particular evening and going to Zumba means I have an out.  Judge me, that's fine.  Next time you see me, I'll be hot…and sane.  Or maybe just one of the two, still a win in my book.  

Anyway, I was on my way home from GETTING HOT and still thinking about how I was irritated about the surprise news of the break in our routine for the next day when I came home to the below picture.  What is this you ask?  Chad had totally redeemed himself.  Packed Nolan's lunch, gotten all of the coats/hats/gloves together, prepared Nolan's breakfast (mini-muffins, jealous?) and had it all laying out ready to go for the next day.  
#heisakeeper


The other night Nolan spent the night at his best buddy (and cousin) Reid's house.  He came home and told me the following:

Nolan:  Mom, I told Reid a secret but I told him he couldn't tell anyone.
Me:  You did?  And what did you tell him?
Nolan:  (getting off his stool, and coming to whisper in my ear)  I told him that I got him Zingo Bingo for his birthday.
Me:  You did?  
Nolan:  Yep, and then I told Wyatt.  Because he's his brother.

Apparently Nolan doesn't understand the element of surprise for birthday presents.  I'm just glad I didn't tell him everything that we got Reid for his birthday!!  
#smartestmomever

p.s. Zingo Bingo was awesome the first 50 times we played it, now I want to throw it out the window. 
#youarewelcomeauntstephanie


Here is a picture of Bennett and his winter hat.  Simply because he's cute and this time he wore the hat for more than .2 seconds.  
#furhatawesomeness


Last, but certainly not least, I leave you with Captain America.  No, this was not Halloween this was a random day last week.  
#evensuperheroesneedtheirrest

2 comments:

  1. I don't think he really told Reid. If he did, Reid doesn't remember because he would have told me, & neither of the boys have said anything.

    PS. #hashtag much?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Captain America" totally looks like Chad!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive