Thursday, January 3, 2013

Letter to Santa

I knew this year was going to be BIG for the Struckmann boys when it came to visiting Santa. I was prepared for an Epic Failure to be honest, but in the back of my mind/heart I was really hoping for a miracle. Nolan has never been a fan of Santa, or anything dressed up for that matter, but this year he became wiser with age (see Fredbird Post) and I thought we might have a chance at meeting the Big Guy...and NOT freaking out.  We talked a lot about the visit, and came up with a plan.  We were going to write Santa a letter and then hand it to him.  No funny business like sitting on his lap, or GASP talking to him, just hand him the letter and run.  Nolan seemed good with this plan.  So we wrote the letter (okay I wrote it, Nolan signed it). 


Then the time came to go up and give it to the Jolly Man, so Nolan marched right on up there (as I stood shaking, not a lie...shaking) and handed him the letter.  


Santa told him he would read the letter on his lunch break, and offered him a high five.  Nolan obliged.   Then Santa asked if he would like to sit on his lap, and he DID.  I stood there in awe, almost so shocked I forgot to even take a picture...and THAT is just down right amazing.  Nolan was pretty darn proud of himself, as you can tell from the below smirk.


This is where I need to start apologizing...to Bennett.  I was SO overtaken with what was going on with Nolan, I didn't even notice what Bennett's reaction was to Santa.  And as you can see, it was no good...SHOCKING.  I can't lie though, I don't think Bennett was really scared of Santa he just doesn't like to be held/stopped. Keep in mind this whole encounter lasted approximately 30 seconds. 

I'm thinking there is a CHANCE next year we could be a family that gets a cute Santa picture, but honestly what fun would that be? 

Side note, does Nolan look absolutely huge in this picture?  I mean how old before they can't sit on Santa's lap anymore, surely they don't age out at 5 right?
 
 

Nolan again told us (just like with Fredbird) that when he was 3 he was scared, but now that he was 4 he wasn't anymore.  Phew, I am so glad he turned 4 this year! We decided to celebrate after the big Santa Visit.  Guns and Carousels all around!  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive