Saturday, January 5, 2013

Christmas Part 1

This year splitting our time between families on Christmas was a little different, so we ended up seeing both sides of the family on both days (Christmas Eve and Christmas Day).  I've decided for blogging purposes to post pictures by Family as opposed to by Day.  This will explain any outfit changes that you may observe in the below documentation (please take special notice of my Dad's get up this year, a Grinch t-shirt one day and a Santa t-shirt the next…Jolly Old St. Nicholas Steve).  Today I'm starting with my side of the family.  We spent Christmas Eve morning with my family opening presents, then we returned Christmas Day to open the stockings bags that Santa left us and finally rounded everything off with a delicious dinner.  We had an added bonus this year, my nephew Cy enjoyed his first Christmas here with the gang.  Sure, he slept through the opening of all of his presents but don't fret his parents acted out the emotion that they thought he would have to each present.  They are weird, that's all I can say.  Weird, but entertaining nonetheless.










One of the treasured traditions in our house is the Scratch Off tickets that Santa leaves in our stockings. We all get quite a few and then we sit around the table and trash talk as we scratch off all of our tickets.   This year my Mom started in on the "I don't know why Santa buys all of these, I NEVER win anything…EVER".  Please note the last picture in this sequence and which individual is the one smiling and posing with the winning tickets.  I don't remember how much she won exactly, but I do know it was more than $100.  Want to know what I won?  A ticket, just like every other year.  Merry Freaking Christmas.  



1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! Geoff and your dad look identical! The same pose doesn't help, but I had to do a double take. Scary!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive