Tuesday, November 5, 2013

The Truth

So I met up with this family a few weeks ago to take their family pictures.  I fear Julie had been hyping me up to her boys and had them thinking I was "cool" or "hip" or at least not "awful" or something.  She was trying to get them excited for family pictures, but excitement and teenage boys just doesn't mix.  Apparently it doesn't mix for husbands either.  Here is the conversation that transpired shortly after meeting the family on this lovely fall morning….

Brad (the wise father figure): I was telling the boys on the way here, this is one of those things you do for your wife/girlfriend/significant other because you love them.  It's something you'll appreciate later and be glad that you did it.

One of the wise boys (sorry I don't remember which one):  I thought you told us we had to do this because you wanted to go hunting next weekend?

BUSTED BRAD…the truth always comes out!  It's cool, this is exactly the type of exchange that will be happening in my house 10 years from now.

Here are their family pictures.  For every sweet, perfect, smiley one…there is an equally as awesome goofy one.  And for that I thank you boys, for humoring me on this fine day and making me feel like perhaps I was kind of cool…for a second.


Act Natural…(yikes).





"Hey boys, act tough"


Didn't think that would last...

 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive