Friday, November 15, 2013

Carnival Extravaganza

Nolan just turned five.  Well Nolan actually turned five about a month and a half ago but that's neither here nor there.  We decided to have ourselves a little carnival for his birthday.  I mean how can you go wrong with a carnival right?  We had a snow cones, popcorn, corndogs, caramel apples, hotdogs, nachos, cotton candy, soft pretzels, cupcakes and of course candy.  Oh wait…that was just the food.  We also had face painting, carnival games and prizes.  Nolan told me himself "this is the best birthday party ever".  Success!  The five year old was happy…for a day.  The next day he woke up and was already talking about his 6 year old birthday party.  I've created a monster.  





I can't lie, I think the biggest hit of the party was the face painter.  This chick was AMAZING and all the kids loved their personalized face art.  I was so sad to wash Nolan's face that night.  But don't worry, Nolan has requested we have a face painter at his next birthday too.  




I'm fairly certain this kid had approximately 1 million snow cones on this particular day.  Every time I turned around he was chowing down on some bright blue sugary goodness.  


His partners in crime.  Although I saw their parents sneaking them just plain ice instead…LAME.


Game time!  Good thing I had my carnies parents to help!








Oh, did I mention I joined in the fun too?  When in Rome...


Apparently Julia wanted to join in the fun too, so she went with some extra accessories…







1 comment:

  1. These pictures are ridiculous. In comparison, my party blog post looks like it was held in a ghetto. For the record, I did have a theme and ball parky food. Why don't you and Spooler go into the photography/party planning business already?

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive