Saturday, June 1, 2013

Bzzzzzzzzzzzz

My friend Jessie is having a baby girl so we decided to throw her a little sprinkle.  Some people think sprinkles are ridiculous, but in my eyes it is another reason for a party so what's ridiculous about that?  Anyone? Anyone?  Didn't think so.

The baby's room is done in black and white with a little bit of yellow for an accent.  Cute right? Well, when we first heard the room theme the first thing that popped into my head was Bumble Bees of course. And I was OH SO PUMPED about this little shower idea.  I had it all planned out in my head in a matter of seconds.  Wait for it, wait for it…UNTIL I was driving home in the car with Jessie one night and she went on and on about how she hates bumblebees and doesn't want her room to be associated with them.  She then looked over at me and said and I quote "I sure hope the sprinkle wasn't going to be a bee theme".  I of course lovingly look at her and said "No, not at all".  I then ran inside and promptly sent a text to everyone to abort mission on the Bumblebee shower!  I swore I was never going to tell Jessie this story, but in blog writing I'm REALLY brave!  So there you have it Jessie, yes we were indeed throwing you a Bumblebee shower!  Complete with honey favors and bumblebee cupcakes!  But we are here to please so we switched it up and just went with the black/white/yellow theme and threw in a lemon twist.  Surely it was just as marvelous? 











Jessie's mom is super duper talented.  She says that she likes "projects".  Well Jessie is not shy about giving her said "projects".  However, this time I think I stepped in a little bit and now I am getting blamed for the infamous "bedskirt project".  Jessie asked my opinion on some fabrics.  She wanted to know which one she should use on the bedskirt.  I MERELY stated that if it were me I would use them all and do it like a quilt.  From that point on it was out of my court I SWEAR.  Jeanne was totally giving me the evil eye at the shower I could feel it, but come on that is one spectacular looking bedskirt is it not?  














1 comment:

  1. OMG!!!!! You are correct and it was marvelous, but I feel horrible! I'm sure the bee theme would have been adorable, but I have to admit I loved the lemon theme. I can't believe you didn't tell me... actually I can't believe you didn't just do it anyway. No one should ever listen to me! I'm a total brat and can't believe you had to change the theme. It was perfect though and I loved it so consider it mission accomplished! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive