Monday, June 10, 2013

Baby Cy Turns One

Nolan always always always calls my nephew "Baby Cy"…not just "Cy", it has to start with "Baby".  I'm wondering when Cy is 18 how he will feel about that?  Well "Baby Cy" turned one last month, which makes him less of a baby and more of a toddler I guess.  Perhaps he should graduate to "Toddler Cy"…nah just doesn't have the ring.  Anyway, the plan was for our family to gather at the lake to celebrate since we are in three different cities now.  Plan got spoiled by…drum roll please…a sick kid!  SHOCKER.  So, Chad stayed home with the sick one and Nolan and I headed on down to the lake for the festivities.  I'm sure Cy didn't miss Bennett stealing all of his toys and spiking them on the ground.  We'll save that for his next birthday, we are givers like that.

My sister in law is super duper creative and even though it was an intimate gathering she went all out for Baby Cy's first birthday party, check it out...

And what birthday party is complete without a little cake smash fun?
Although, in this picture I think he is looking at me to rescue him from that straight jacket contraption they forced him into.  Sorry buddy, next year we'll convince your evil parents to just let you go au naturale!





Then on to the presents!  I know the way straight to my brother's heart…The Cardinals!  So I went with the sentimental gift of a jersey with his name on the back.  Awwwwww. BEST SISTER EVER.  Yep that was a horn you just heard, tooting it loud and clear for myself.


Don't fret, I know the way to Sharon's heart too.  So for the second half of the present I went with a vintage milk carton set.  Genius present giver, if I do say so myself.  

\

Some of the party goers.  Apparently guests get presents too?  At least they do when Grandma is involved.  Spoiled much?


And here you go Mom, the picture of the cookies you requested (1 million times).  Apparently my Mom SLAVED over these cookies because she thought Baby Cy would like them?  No that's not it at all, they are actually my brother's favorite cookies.  I'm sensing some favoritism here because I SURELY did not see my favorite cookies on that platter. #rude


 And finally I will leave you with the Happy Family after the Happy Birthday celebration!



  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive