Sunday, June 16, 2013

Picnic Time

It's that time of year, every time you turn around there is some sort of picnic/carnival going on.  Well we decided it was time to hit one up, so we did just that.  Wasn't anything too crazy, we went…we rode a few rides…ate some nachos…played a few games…and were on our way.  It wasn't unbearably hot yet so it was actually a nice little outing.  

You'll see by the pictures neither boy seems all too impressed with the rides, but I assure you they actually did like them and we were not torturing them.  We started with the Carousel, "Mr.Cool" looks too cool for school and Bennett wouldn't even sit on the magical horse! 


So Nolan moved on to a "big kid" ride, the swings.  You have to be pretty tall to ride the swings, so I imagine most 4 year olds can't actually ride them.  That made me a weeeee bit nervous, as it goes pretty high in the air and there is just a wee little seatbelt holding him in.  He thought he was pretty cool though with all the big kids.  I swear when I was yelling his name he was giving me the "stop it Mom, you're embarrassing me" look.  Don't worry, I still yelled and waved with every passing of his swing.  



Next we moved on to the cars.  This was really the only ride Bennett could ride by himself and he just kept saying screaming truck, truck, truck.  So we obliged and let him ride it...a few times.





On to the dragons.  Every time Nolan passed us he would make a funny face at Bennett to try and make him laugh.  Bennett just kept yelling truck, truck, truck.  But I thought he was funny?





Time for some nachos, here's the little chipmunk stuffing his cheeks for the winter...


Finally, to the games.  Nolan tried his little heart out and he legitimately won a decent prize.  I couldn't believe it either but it happened and we got to take home a spectacular stuffed snake.  We are just oh so lucky!


There's that sweet snake I was talking about.  
Bennett would have been just as happy playing on the steps all day.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive