Friday, May 31, 2013

Day Four

Our final day, insert tears here.  We decided to take a little trip to see some of the "big trees"…smart people would call them Redwoods I guess.  We went on a nice little stroll through the woods, it was drizzling on us a little bit.  But we weren't going to let that rain on our parade!  First up, a little photo op   for all of the couples.  


Next up a photo op for Steve, because…he's Steve and he likes photo ops.  I can still hear it ringing in my ears every 5 minutes "Julia, take a picture" "Jules, seriously take a picture".  They are going to have some real gems on their camera I tell you what!


I took the below picture on the right because I SWORE it looked like a face.  Now that I'm looking at the picture it totally looks like…a tree trunk.


They spotted Big Foot.


I'm going to give the fine gentlemen of this picture a tip.  Spit out the seeds BEFORE the picture next time.  Just a thought.  You all look like chipmunks.


Moving on.  We did the "nature" part of the day, now we needed to move on to the "sporty" part of the day.  Ha.  When Chad went out to California a few years ago he went to a winery that had Bocce ball.  So ALL HE HAS TALKED ABOUT since we started planning this trip was going to a winery with Bocce Ball courts.  Turns out…there aren't many.  Don't fret though, Curtis brought his own Bocce balls as his carry on (note: these are not light, double note: we never used them).  We did manage to find one winery to hang out at that did in deed have a Bocce Ball court and we also happened to be the only people at the winery.  I like to spin it that we rented the winery for the day, makes us sound fancy.  I will say, Chad was totally right Bocce Ball was so fun and a total hit.  Maybe because Chad and I kicked everyone's a**.  Doesn't matter how old I get, I can't kick my competitive spirit.  

The boys getting ready for the big games…


The girls getting ready for the big games…


Let the games begin…throwing to see who plays first.


Someone's score?


Peanut Gallery.


The LOSERS.  I guess they don't care that they sucked?  Weird concept.


Needless to say we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves at this little stop, but we wanted to get ourselves closer to home so we decided to go to the winery that was right down the street from us.  Turns out we rented that one out for a private party as well, and lets just say that was a good thing!

We all went inside for a wine tasting, but couldn't find Kim.  Where could she be?  Oh, found her!  Sitting in the back of the car, eating Cheese Its and drinking a glass of wine (from a stolen glass from the last place).  I'm sharing the picture of Julia discovering her, instead of the actual picture of her.  You are welcome Kim…it was less than flattering! ha



Next up we tried for some "nice" pictures of the couples, you'll see that didn't really work!



We decided to drink instead, we are much better at that.




I'm not sure what is going on here…


But I DO know how it ends…


Hmmm, what could they be watching?


Well, a Curtis performance of course!  What trip would be complete without a little dancing by Curtis?


Well, dancing and stripping of course...


Concluded the day with a group shot in the vineyards, not too shabby!


I think this last one pretty much sums up our trip…Cheers to a great vacation!






1 comment:

Blog Archive