Sunday, November 13, 2011

Clark Kent and His Little Scarecrow

Halloween post just in time for Thanksgiving…totally on top of things over here.

Obviously Nolan is big into Superheroes this year, but I'm not ready to get the store bought costume with the fake muscles just yet. So I decided to put a little spin on his costume, while I still can. All it took was a little brainwashing for a few weeks and he was PUMPED to be Clark Kent turning into Superman.  Bennett was a last minute random decision, not quite sure where the inspiration really came from to be honest.  Luckily I can come up with these off the wall ideas and Grandma can execute the costumes.  Sweet deal if you ask me...don't ask Grandma though.  Nolan affectionately referred to Bennett as "his little scarecrow", gosh he's cute (both of them).

Our neighborhood had some festivities the weekend before Halloween with a costume parade and trick or treating at the local businesses.  It was a beautiful day and a few friends came over to join in the fun...  


Clark Kent with some of his buddies…Vampire and DJ Lance Rock.  Apparently the suckers were a big hit!


I like to call this one…"Monkey See Monkey Do".  Is it me or does my kid look like a giant here?

After the neighborhood festivities we came back to our house for a little pumpkin carving fun.  Don't be fooled folks that is Lori actually carving her pumpkin.  I'm not saying she took the guts out, and I'm not saying she finished the pumpkin…but I am saying she had carving tools in her hand at some point during the night.  She also had wine in her hand though, hence not finishing the pumpkin!


Bennett waiting to get his pumpkin carved…if he only knew a few days later I would actually be putting him in said pumpkin for a picture ;)


The final masterpieces.  Whatever happened to a nice simple pumpkin with triangle eyes and a jagged mouth?  These were some fancy schmancy pumpkins.  Ours were of course the Superman and Batman pumpkins and the Woody and Buzz pumpkins belong to the Kirchhoff family.     

A few days later Chad did a Spiderman pumpkin as well so that we would have "The Justice League" for our front porch.  Don't tell Chad but I forgot to take a picture of that pumpkin.  However, I will say all the little neighborhood boys (including Nolan) thought the three pumpkins were pretty awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive