Friday, October 25, 2013

Did that just happen?

Those are the words I was saying as I walked back to our car on this particular night…"Did that just happen?"  Turns out, yes yes it did.  I'll set the scene for you.  We had decided that on the last night of vacation we were going to attempt a few family pictures on the beach.  Everyone assured me they did not want anything crazy, just one picture of their family looking decent on the beach.  No biggy I thought, it's a beautiful beach with decent looking subjects how could I go wrong?  I'll tell you how.  We decided we would go to an early dinner and then go straight to the beach for pictures, we even scoped out what we thought would be the perfect location with easy access to the beach.  Wrong.  We got to the restaurant and figured out we were way out of our league.  We're talking white table cloths and elevator music when we needed Happy Meals and a live band.  So we decided to ditch that restaurant and move to another location.  The problem is there are not many options (or close options anyway) for eating on the island.  Before we left a few of us decided to snap a few pictures outside of the nice restaurant just for good measure.  As we were standing there it started pouring down rain!  That's right, not one drop of rain all week long but on picture night…pouring.  I swear I'm cursed.  Here are a few pictures we got in before the downpour…









So we found a more family friendly restaurant and all settled in for a delicious meal.  As we ate the rain started to lift and before I knew it, blue skies as far as the eye can see.  My first thought, oh crap this is really going to happen.  My second thought, we have to leave NOW.  We gathered the troops and headed towards the public access to the beach.  The gate was closed (you didn't think it would be that easy did you?).  So we continued back towards our house, parked the cars on the side of the road and made a run for it (literally we were running).  By the time we got to the beach I swear we couldn't have had more than 15 minutes of "decent" light.  So what you see below is the results of a rapid fire photoshoot of 5 families.  On my list of stressful photoshoots this probably ranks…number one.  Good thing it only lasted a few minutes!  I guess this just means we'll have to plan another vacation so we can redo our family picture night.  Yes?














  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive