Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Year of the Lords?????

This past weekend we participated in the "Scally Olympics".  In years past I would more accurately describe this event as "Beer Olympics" but with the epidemic of pregnancies going on with this group there was a little less focus on drinking (for the girls at least) and a little more emphasis on the actual events (kind of).  We all look happy in the pictures, but don't be fooled.  There is a lot of trash talking involved leading up to the event and there are always multiple accusations of cheating (usually involving the Riffees, but I won't name any names).  All that really matters is that the Scally's don't win, as long as that tradition continues everyone is happy.  Did I just ruin the ending for you?

So here are the competitors.  Don't be mistaken, this is not a Francis Howell High School reunion.  We let a few outsiders in...for now.  We'll call this one "Band of Buds"...hopefully Budweiser will pick it up for their current campaign.  Personally I think we'd look great on a Billboard.


 This little collage is what I like to call "Never Again".

1.  Never Again will Amanda be the only girl drinking at Scally Olympics.
2.  Never again will Julia shoot a pistol while pregnant.
3.  Never again will I let someone take a picture of me while pregnant...let alone while holding a hatchet dangerously close to my head!
4.  Never again will the Blassie's go home with the first place trophy, hope you enjoyed it last year guys!



I call this "Desperation".  The last two events of the day "chug and swim" and the "canoe race" relied heavily on the males given the unfortunate state of the majority of girls.  You can see the boys were all up for the challenge and took their jobs very seriously...though some did better than others.  Have I mentioned yet in this post that Steve can't swim?  No relevance to the story really, just thought I'd add it in there for good measure. Steve is the very serious looking fellow in the blue hat.  Thank God he didn't fall out of the canoe, that could have gotten ugly.


The title of this next picture is simply "Tradition".  It wouldn't be a Scally Olympics if it didn't end with Chad in goggles looking for something at the bottom of the lake.  Please note two years ago it was his WEDDING RING, which we never did find.  This year it was my lens cap, also not recovered.  Oh Scally lake...we will get you one day.  


And finally I give you "Confusion".  Did the Lord's really win this year?  Jessie has always claimed she is not athletic because and I quote... "I have freakishly small feet for my height."  I can't make this stuff up people, for years that has been her claim.  Surely there was a mistake and the Struckmann's should have gone home with the trophy.  I think I'll take a closer look at the scoreboard and figure out where the cheating occurred this year.  Speaking of scoreboard I have attached it below for easy reference for next year...let the trash talking begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive