Thursday, December 11, 2014

Napa Part 2


Day 2 of our wine country trip meant 3 more wineries and I don't want to know how many glasses of wine!  We started the day at Del Dotto with a cave tour where we got to drink straight from the barrels.  #imsofancy  From there we went to Tudal Winery where the boys played a few mean games of Bocce Ball and we had lunch brought in from Dean and Deluca (best sandwich i've ever eaten by the way).  We were having so much fun at Tudal that we decided to forgo our next stop and hang out for a bit longer.  We're spontaneous like that.  And then we ended our day at Pride.  Pride was a winery we went to on our last trip to the area but decided we wanted to go again because we loved it so much.  I think our tour guide this time left a little bit to be desired but the wines made up for it!  Another beautiful day in wine country for this crew!  

Here is a picture of the 8 "Vikings" on the trip.  That's right this crew has been friends since our glory days of High School.  I don't mean to get all sappy on you guys but I have to admit meeting this group of friends in the halls of Francis Howell High School was one of the best things that ever happened to me.  This group (and a few that couldn't make the trip) have been a constant in my life for many many years and I realize how unique and special that is these days.  I don't take it for granted, I'm fully aware of how blessed I am to call each and every one of them a friend still today.    


So believe it or not, some of the people in the above picture actually married someone outside of our circle of friends.  Weird right?  I am happy to report, they didn't disappoint.  The group got a little larger with these additions, but it also got a little more awesome.  I'm thankful for the Viking Spouses who don't necessarily understand our strange bond but embrace it nonetheless.  What a crew!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive