Saturday, November 22, 2014

The Last Annual Hoe Down

Well, all good things must come to an end right?  I think that's what we have come to realize with the annual Hoe Down.  It's a lot of work, for a lot of people (not so much me) and in the end we just don't have the time for it anymore (or maybe the energy).  We will absolutely still be spending time up at the farm as it is definitely a favorite meeting spot for the boys and their cousins but I think it will have to be on a more informal basis in the future.  That's okay though I'm fairly certain they will find just as much trouble to get into with all the mud, tractors, mud, go karts, mud, jeeps, mud, ponds, mud...you get the picture.  This year the added attraction was the tire swing.  A big hit amongst the kiddos.  I kind of wanted to get on it too, but feared the tree might collapse!  Billy assured me that he had rigged that contraption up quite nicely, but I wasn't going to be the one to test that theory out!  Needless to say the annual Hoe Down was a success this year and although the weather was supposed to be not so stellar it ended up being beautiful (well besides the mud leftover from the rain the night before).  Here is a glimpse at our day...


Yep, that's right.  I let my 3 year old ride in a jeep with my 13 year old niece as the driver who struggles to keep her eyes on the road I might add!  But look how happy he is!


This is my other poor little niece who thought she was coming to the farm for fun but we had other ideas.  We got in a small photo shoot while we were up there.  Always capitalizing on our opportunities!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive