Saturday, November 15, 2014

Take Me Out To The Ballgame

Nolan was about to celebrate a big birthday, the big S-I-X to be exact.  I asked him what he wanted to do for his party, fully expecting a request for some bounce house place.  Nope.  He said and I quote "I want a baseball party and I want to play baseball".  Sounds simple enough I guess, but not all 5/6 year olds want to play baseball for hours on end so it made me a little nervous.  Nonetheless, I obliged and a baseball party was underway.  We ended up getting the major hook up at a ball field that wasn't being utilized on this particular Sunday and we opened up the concession stand for all the baseball snacks you could dream of.  There was also a playground right by the field which seemed a little more enticing for some of the guests who weren't exactly thrilled about hitting practice!  I do believe it was a birthday party success in Nolan's eyes, even if it was unseasonably warm on this particular day.  Here's hoping he asks for an ice hockey party next year!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive