Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Status

Life is all about status, right?  Okay, maybe not but life for me is all about having a status better than my Sister-in-Law Stephanie.  Relax, it's a friendly(ish) competition.  So my focus for this endeavor currently is to make sure I am number one Aunt in our new niece Aubrey's eyes.  Sorry Aubrey, you're getting caught in the crossfire but it seems you can teach me a few things about status (number one grandchild and all) so I thought it be best if we just worked together!  That brings us to these pictures.  We went and visited sweet little Aubrey a few weeks ago, we brought her some headbands (because all little girls need a ton of headbands) and I snapped a few pictures.  Dear Stephanie thinks I'm going to annoy Aubrey here with my camera, but I assured her the opposite.  Little girls love getting their pictures taken…right? Right.  Aubrey was wide awake the ENTIRE time, content as can be, but awake.  I guess she just wanted us all to see those peepers good and clear.  So here is her modeling debut...








3 comments:

  1. The One, The Only, Best Aunt Ever, STEPHANIEJanuary 23, 2014 at 6:24 AM

    I'm not worried. See, my life is not all about status, and Aubrey, yours shouldn't be either. I figure Aunt Lori has dibs on the "Favorite Aunt" title. Maybe I'll one up all of Aubrey's aunts and have my own baby girl. Oh, wait, I already win, because I've had 2 of them. BA BAM! Seriously, we finally get another girl & you buy her blue head bands? Has your mind been melted space ranger? Don't worry Aubrey, I'll bring the pink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paaaaalease…you don't think I gave her a pink headband too? I just thought the blue would bring out those gorgeous blue eyes that you just KNOW she's going to have too!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive