Saturday, March 9, 2013

Santa's Helper

The other day Nolan and I were sitting at the counter playing with his Lego guys and all of the sudden he starts this conversation:

Nolan: You know Mom, Easter isn't all about candy and toys and finding eggs.
Me:  Oh it's not?  What is it about?
Nolan:  It's about Jesus dying on the cross for us.  And then he rose from the dead and went to heaven to watch over us so we will be good.  Then he can tell Santa.

I mean he got most of it right?  Now before you think that Nolan is a complete angel, let me tell you this was shortly followed up with "I just farted."  Because these days we have to announce any bodily function that transpires.  Ah, being a mother of boys is such a joy!

With all of these angel like comments that Nolan has been making lately I decided it was high time for him and I to escape for a little donut date. (Did I mention he told me I looked pretty as I was leaving for dinner the other night?)  He makes my heart happy, and donuts make his heart happy so it's a win/win.  In case you were wondering, yes we brought some donut goodness back for the boys at home...I mean Jesus is watching after all.


1 comment:

  1. Don't go thinking that little girls don't find it absolutely hilarious when anything potty-related happens! That and for some reason, the word "eyeballs."

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive