Tuesday, December 4, 2012

The Innkeeper

Last night Nolan had his Preschool Christmas Program. I had NO IDEA what to expect from this little production. Nolan didn't talk too much about it and we didn't get much information from the teacher either. Up until the night before I didn't even realize Nolan had ACTUAL LINES! Oh brother! So we show up to school and Nolan is in RARE form. I mean bouncing off the walls times 100.  You know the embarrassing behavior where it looks like you can't control your kid but you can't really "yell" at them either because you are in a very public christian place. Yep that was us. And here is what I was dealing with.  Cute…yes.  Embarrassing…yes.  Punished for his behavior…we tried.



So here is the actual footage (Thanks Mom, turns out I hadn't really figured out my video camera yet and THOUGHT I was taping this part but really wasn't…fail).  

You need to listen REALLY closely when it comes to Nolan's turn, he does indeed say his lines he just says them in a kind of ummmmm strange way.  Turns out Nolan is the class clown and I TOTALLY did not see that coming.  We've got issues.


Here were his actual lines...


What, you don't think this "Innkeeper" looks like he knows what he's doing?



Let me set the stage (get it) a little bit for these next pictures/video.  We showed up about 45 minutes early for this little show, and that is SO NOT ME.  Usually I'm the one rushing in 5, okay 10, minutes after it starts.  Well as it turns out 45 minutes early gets you a seat in the front row.  Well of course this paparazzi mom didn't mind that seat one bit.  I even had a chance to "practice" on the Kindergarten class and get my settings all lined up and I was P-U-M-P-E-D.  That is until they decided to move the preschoolers up and they were literally almost standing on my feet.  Wah Wah.  Perfect picture opportunity ruined.  So I apologize for the shots up these kids nostrils AND the loud shouting singing that may or may not puncture your eardrums.  But even as an extreme very loud close-up this could not have been any cuter.  Nolan and his buddy Jacob stole the show (I thought) and were singing their little hearts out!  Oh, and another lesson learned…a tie is seen merely as another prop to a 4 year old.  Preschoolers wearing a tie definitely goes on the "Do Not Recommend List".




And Nolan's fan club...




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive