Saturday, December 8, 2012

She'll Miss Us

Well moving day is closing in on us, and though my Mom probably has a hidden countdown calendar I do think she will miss us a LITTLE bit.  Here is one of my (and most certainly her) fondest memories of our time here.  Bare with me, it may not be that exciting of a story but it's something I don't want to forget.

This is the ritual that takes place EVERY NIGHT.  Every night the boys get a bath (well most nights anyway).  When Nolan gets out of the bath he puts on his monster hooded towel (or whatever hooded towel is clean) and runs to whatever room my mom is in.  He then proceeds to stand at the doorway with just his "claw" showing on the door and the following conversation transpires:

Grandma:  OH NO, not the claw!
Nolan:  Roooooooooooooar! (running in all monster like)
Grandma: Oh no it's a monster!
Nolan:  It's not a monster...it's just your naked grandson 
(as he drops his towel to the floor and streaks away)


It loses some luster via blog, but I assure you it's adorable.  Now if my mom doesn't miss him for that little act she will definitely miss him because he says sweet things like this too:  "I don't like that girl in the kitchen (pointing to my Mom)…I Love her".  Seriously he's so darn cute, you know when he's not being so darn bad.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive