Saturday, July 28, 2012

First Losers

Well it happened yet again, we came in second place at Scally Olympics.  I think next year I might bring a trophy for second place because chances are that is what we will be going home with.  Anyway this year was much better in my opinion because there were not as many "miracles" being cooked so there was a lot more "socializing".  It was hot, but that didn't keep this crew down.

Where to begin, where to begin…well below is Amanda with a gun.  Can you tell she LOVES guns?  And Jessie with the trophy, that she literally would NOT give up.  No seriously, I went to take it from her to take a picture of the names on the trophy and she snapped at me that it was still hers.  Unfortunately she turned out to be right, as the Lords got to take home the trophy again this year!  Don't even get me started, none of us understand!!!


There were a few surprises this year.  The Barbagallos won the skeet shoot.  Acutally it's just a surprise that the Barbagallos won any event!  So we surely had to document that with a picture.


Actually we better document that with a video for a little proof…


These lovely ladies decided to canoe back to the other side after the gun events.


Another group of canoers weren't as lucky on their way back…


In another strange turn of events Steve decided to do the Chug N Swim this year, an event he usually makes his bride swim.  And look at that…he didn't drown!


The Scally Olympics always brings out the best in the "cheaters".  I heard something about a golf score being skewed, there were some hatchet throws that were questionable, someone left a beer in the lake during the chug n swim...


Cheating or not, it was an awesome time and here were the official results.  We'll get em next year! Maybe when my husband can learn how to hold up his end of the deal during the skeet shoot (thats right, please note that I shot just as many birds as my manly man did).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive