Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Grandma Has Been Here

While Chad and I were in Key West my Mom came in to watch the boys.  She disobeyed all of the rules while she was here.  She kept the boys home from school most days, they went to McDonalds, the got presents for no reason and they skipped naps.  Then she went and did something REALLY against the rules…she showed me up.  My Mom happened to be here the days leading up to Valentine's Day.  Nolan had instructions from school to bring in a decorated box.  My Mom, of course, volunteered to "help" him make the box.  I told her there was shoe box in my room and some stickers and construction paper in the closet.  When I helped Nolan make his box last year we wrapped it in red paper threw some stickers on it and were on our way.  This is NOT what happened this year.  I came home to find a 3D Superhero atop a perfectly wrapped box with Nolan's name displayed prominently across the top.  I mean seriously!  But then I thought back to my childhood and it all made sense.  I believe I had some stellar Valentine boxes of my own growing up.  There was  a robot, a slot machine (not sure that was appropriate) and of course a full fledged New Kids On The Block box one year.  So I guess this is what I have to live up to now…thanks Mom.   




1 comment:

  1. Really? This is all you've got? Word to your mother, the box is fantastic, but your lack of blog posts are not.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive