Thursday, September 19, 2013

They are sleeping…forever

Miss Violet just turned two, so we needed to celebrate with a little photo session.

Problem 1: Julia (her mom) had an "idea" in her head
Problem 2: Said "idea" was simple in theory, hard in execution
Problem 3: This "idea" wasn't going away

So what was this idea you ask?  Julia really wanted pictures of Violet frolicking in a field of wild flowers.  Sounds easy right?  Well, I think we missed the true wild flower season and they weren't as prevalent as we once thought.  BUT Julia assured me she found the perfect spot.  Yet another problem, this perfect spot was in a random field on the side of the HIGHWAY.  I humored her and let her park but then when I realized where she was talking about (far away, too high of flowers and in direct sunlight) I kindly told her NO WAY.  So we headed on down the road to find the next perfect spot.  Then we spotted it…wild flowers all in a row as if they were dropped from Heaven just for Violet to stand by.  Where is this wonderful field you ask?  Still on the side of the road, but this time it was tucked ever so sweetly in a…Pet Cemetery.  No lie, I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried.  Do you think that stopped us?  No, it sure did not.  I was doing okay until Julia kept telling Violet "There are doggies over there, but they are sleeping…forever".  I mean seriously Julia, did we HAVE to bring that up?  How about…"look at these pretty flowers".  Just a suggestion for next time.

Pet Cemetery or not, I think we did alright for ourselves.  Here is Miss Violet…age 2…in the Pet Cemetery!

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive