Monday, September 9, 2013

Kansas City or Bust

As many of you know from my whining my parents moved to Kansas City a while back.  Well, we decided it was high time to make a visit and see what this place had to offer.  I can't lie, I have always been a huge fan of Kansas City so if my parents were going to move somewhere I guess this is the best spot.  On our way home Chad and I decided we were going to move there (surprise Mom and Dad…make room for the 4 of us!).  We had a great little visit with my parents, my brother and his family and also some extended family who came in town for a mini-reunion.  Believe it or not, I didn't take all that many pictures.  I know crazy.  I was trying to enjoy the moment more and not annoy my WHOLE family (I save that for my own kids).  So here is a small glimpse at our time in KC…

On the steps of Grandma's house waiting to leave for the day.  Precious yes?
  

Well they looked so darn cute I couldn't help but throw my nephew in a picture too.  Turns out getting 3 to look and smile is even harder…shocker!  I think Cy is giving us the "why does this kid have his arm around me" look here. 


We went to the T-Rex Cafe for lunch.  Think Hard Rock Cafe…with Dinosaurs.  Over the top decorations, roaring dinosaurs, cool aquariums.  Bennett was totally in awe.  Grandma and Grandpa even sprung for a Build-A-Dinosaur for each of the boys.  
Spoiled much?


Then we went over to my Aunt and Uncles for some family time.  I again tried to torture myself and get a picture of all the boys with my Grandma.  This was the best of the bunch...


On Sunday we woke up and went to Legoland!  My Mom has been hyping this trip up to Nolan for a LONG time now.  So it was time to hit it up!  Nolan's mind was blown from the minute we stepped foot in the door!


This scale was supposed to convert your weight to lego bricks.  Awesome right?  Well yes, until we discovered it gave everyone the same reading.  And something tells me my weight in Legos is a little different than Nolan's weight in Legos.  But a girl can dream.


There was a pit of Legos that Nolan could have sat in all day.  I can't even imagine just how many lego pieces were in this thing.  A whole pile of awesomeness in Nolan's eyes!



Ah, look at that.  A family picture, with some creepy Lego people.  It must be our lucky day!


Don't worry, Bennett enjoyed Legoland too...


Thanks Mom and Dad for giving us the grand tour of KC…we will most certainly be back soon. Oh and you might as well grab those Season Passes to Legoland because I'm fairly certain Nolan will be demanding a return trip…each time.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive