Saturday, February 23, 2013

Science Center Adventure

I recently took the boys to the Science Center.  If I'm being completely honest I have to tell you that the idea of this trip terrified me.  You see since Bennett has been completely mobile, and by that I mean he laughs at a stroller, I really haven't gone many "fun" places by myself with the two boys.  Call me chicken, but those boys are fast…and they don't listen.  I decided it was time to get over it and go on with my stressful day, but to my surprise it was just the opposite.  It was quite delightful actually.  The boys "listened", they enjoyed a lot of the same things, we had a pleasant lunch and they were both pooped by the end.  Success.  Next stop Magic House…maybe.

I was so scared I didn't even bring my real camera.  You know what that means.  1.  It means business and I knew I'd have little time for "artistic" pictures and 2. It means you are stuck with kind of crappy pictures.  But the day was documented nonetheless and we had a marvelous time learning about the wonders of the world.

First we went on over to the dinosaur area, which is one of Nolan's favorite spots.  Bennett actually got into it too.  We certainly found our fair share of dinosaur parts as we had to visit this exhibit twice.


Here is Mr. B.  He could have sat at this table for hours.  I REALLY need to get me one of these things.  You just put the marbles in and it makes beautiful sweet music (well actually it's kind of annoying, but less annoying than a whiney kid).  


Does this doll freak anyone else out?  In case you are wondering, yes those are her intestines spewing out of her body.  


Now if that didn't amaze you, this might.  Please note Dr. Nolan below.  True or False…as he was giving this poor doll her shots he was chanting "shot shot shot shot shot"?  Now, I'm not sure but I don't think "LMFAO" was referring to this kind of shot in their latest hit song but I could be wrong.  I really need to start listening to Disney Radio don't I?


And here we are learning about energy.  You are supposed to put the coal in the machine to keep it going.  Bennett found this activity to be more like a basketball challenge, and Nolan well he just kind of got in his way.  Bennett threw coal for quite some time, while Nolan moved on to building cars and roller coasters.  All in a day's work folks, all in a day's work!


1 comment:

  1. Wyatt & Reid LOVE this video. They laugh hysterically when Bennett hits Nolan with the "coal."

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive