Thursday, November 19, 2015

New York Day 4

On Day 4 we took a water taxi over to Brooklyn and caught a glimpse of the Brooklyn Bridge and had a pizza at Grimaldi's.  Then we strolled the streets for a little bit where I couldn't help but take pictures of some of the doors/buildings.  Weird? Maybe, but they were cool so i'm sticking with my decision.  Then we caught the water taxi again so we could take a ride past Lady Liberty herself.  Turns out she looks just like she does in all the pictures you see, but of course I took a few of my own too.   For our entertainment on this evening we got tickets to the Comedy Cellar.  It's similar to a Funny Bone (for all you STL folk), pretty small venue etc.  There was a line up of 5 comedians all of which you have probably seen on a night show or comedy central at some point. But then as a "surprise" Ray Romano just walked in to do a set!  Apparently he lives in the area and just stopped in.  Pretty awesome!  We finished the evening with another slice at Joe's since we had found ourselves back in Greenwich Village.   Greenwich Village at night is much more happening and a little more on the alternative side I would say.  It definitely seems like a younger crowd, so Chad and I fit right in ;)!    The last picture on this post is one of my favorites, might be on my collage wall the next time you come to my house.  The guy looks THRILLED that I took his picture, but I just can't help but smile every time I look at it.  I mean who doesn't love a guy that plays the accordion?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive