Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Scally Olympics 2014

Another year, another great event...The Scally Olympics.  I mean the games were obviously rigged again this year as we did not come home as winners, but sometimes it's nice to let others feel special too.  So this year we let the Kirchhoff's take the title.  Nope, you read that right...Mike and Lori won.  I know I know, obviously something wrong with the scoring.  The games were close this year, great competitors all around really.  Well except for Joe and Anna, but she's new around here so i'm trying to be nice.  Besides someone had to come in last because Julia and Steve weren't there to choke again this year.  Thanks again to the Scally Family for inviting us out and putting up with our shenanigans.

Here is a glimpse at our day...


Posers...


A little group shot before the games...


Oh wait, let's do tough guy/girl too...


Starting the games out with the Hatchet Throw.  This happens to be our worst event and this year was no different!  We put points on the board, but not as many as we needed to.  I guess we need to start practicing like Curtis does.


Time for golf.  Please note, Lori does not actually stand like this to golf.  She was making fun of her husband who does in fact stand like that when he golfs.  I'm only sad that I didn't take his picture too. I'll get him next time.


Here is Curtis' attempt at tough guy...


Amanda attempting to put in ear plugs (attempting was the key word in that sentence)!


We had to call in the Doctor for assistance...


Some hot guy that was too cool for the camera, but too cute not to photograph...


My picture taking partner in crime...


Boys trying to prove their manliness...


And finally the last event of the day, and my least favorite I might add.  To be honest we are just really proud of Joe for not tipping the canoe this year.  Baby steps my friends, baby steps.


Oh look, Shell Silverstein joined us too...


And the (cough, cough) winners...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive