Saturday, June 7, 2014

Family Photos

I have some awesome friends.  I'm sure that comes as no surprise, but I thought it was worth mentioning.  For my birthday last year a bunch of my friends got together and got me a gift certificate to get our family pictures done.  You see they are ridiculous and felt the need to do this because I have taken pictures for them in the past and they wanted me to have my own family pictures.  Totally unnecessary, but totally appreciated.  I am one of those people that really appreciates a good family photo.  I try to at least get them done once a year...if I can convince the other half that is!  Family photos are a real pain in the rear end, i'll be the first to admit that.  It takes a lot of prep to get those "perfect" outfits and then the day of…YIKES.  I know this is not the case with all families, because I have witnessed the opposite, but my family…not the best picture taker participants.  We get through it, but it isn't always "fun".  Every year has gotten a little better, so by the time they are like 18 or so it will certainly be a little less painful! Well, the pain was worth it.  We got some great images and I was actually in some of the pictures!  Crazy right?  Thank you again to my friends for this very special gift, it means the world to me as do all of you!

Photo credit: Serendipity Photography


2 comments:

  1. These turned out great! I even saw a few money shots. It's been years in the making, but all four looking at the camera and smiling (B&W sitting on the blanket in front of the tree), amazing! I wasn't sure I would ever see the day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ❤️ The family photos. Please do not neglect the blog while vacationing. We would love to see family drunk photos. Need some good ones in case I need blackmail evidence (like they would ever care what kind of drunken stupor they're ever in)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive