Friday, July 12, 2013

Sell Your Stock

No, that was not insider trading tips…that was a joke.  And now I'm glad I've never really said where I work anyway, because if I did you would probably never get on a plane again ;)  You see, someone decided it was a good idea to make me responsible for other people and today marked my first day as "Manager Darci".  While I am, dare I say, excited about this new adventure, I'm very sad at the same time.  This new position means I have to give up something that was very important to me, my Fridays off.  I have spent every Friday for the past 4+years off with my boys.  I tried really hard to make sure that MOST Fridays consisted of a fun activity and not just errand running.  The fact that I got to spend this extra time with the boys was something I never took for granted, and now that I have to give it up I'm so glad I capitalized on that time when I had the chance.  The decision to go back full time was not an easy one for me and quite frankly Nolan didn't make it any easier.  He came downstairs Thursday morning (the day before I went back to work) and said "am I going to school today" and I said "yeah buddy you are" and he responded with "I go to school all the time, I just want to stay home with you Mom".  You better bet that got some tears out of me!  Apparently they frown upon management working part time though (rude) so I'm going to have to suck it up.  I'm sure I will adjust but that doesn't mean I won't be a little sad/bitter every Friday when I spend my day at a desk instead of at the zoo.  

So now that I have to work on Fridays I've vowed to spend at least one night a week doing something fun with the boys.  It doesn't have to be anything too crazy, but I just want to make sure that I make a conscious effort to do a little something extra each week to make up for the loss of our Friday fun.  I'm guessing I'm going to have to share my time with Chad now too, which is another adjustment we'll have to get used to!  Tonight marked our first evening fun date, and we started at Myseum (which is apparently our new favorite spot as we've already been there 3 times this summer).  It was the perfect relaxing spot after a long day's work :)  The boys had a blast, and my Mom guilt level went down a little bit so it was a win/win for everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive