Tuesday, February 16, 2021

"First" Santa Visit

 Where to start?

1.  I'm crazy

2. Somedays I hide it better than others

Well on this particular day I couldn't hide it, not even a little bit.  There are a lot of things that I've accepted as a part of this pandemic.  But this visit to Santa was not going to make that list, it was in a word "ridiculous".  Hear me out.  The logistics of the visit were fabulous.  You made a reservation, when you arrived they took your temperature and you got in line and there was like 1 other family there.  So that part was fantastic.  But we get up to see Santa and there's a huge piece of plexiglass between Santa and the kids and then on top of it Santa is wearing a plexiglass mask.  So he was EXTRA protected!  Anyway, needless to say there wasn't opportunity for a very good picture and that will never sit well with me.  Now don't get me wrong I never need a perfect Santa picture, I mean we always go to Bass Pro for the free Santa visit but I do want a picture that has a recognizable Santa and I'd really love the opportunity for the kids to actually talk to Santa!  Soooooooo, not to leave too much of a cliffhanger but there may or may not be a second Santa visit in our future.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive