Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Christmas Day

My Dad was in town this past weekend and he yelled at me for my lack of blog posts, something about it being the longest dry spell in Skipping Rocks history.  Well, I'm busy Dad but I do hate to disappoint.  I'm currently on a five hour trip to Chicago so I'm about to make it rain blog posts!  I might hit Christmas and Easter all in one day!

First up, Christmas Morning.  We had my whole family in town this year.  We ate Jesus Eggs, opened presents for hours on end, played some games and even got in a little ukulele practice!  Pretty well rounded for a Christmas Day I would say.  We were pretty busy, so busy I don't think we even got out of our pajamas until 5:00ish.  That = success in my holiday book!  This year I think the big hits with the kids were the iPod touch for Nolan and probably the hockey pads for Bennett (even though Nolan is the one sporting them below).  The scooters were probably a close second.  Of course Bennett HAD TO HAVE a remote control dinosaur that I do believe he has played with once...on Christmas Morning.  But Santa came through like he always does, not matter how much he disagrees with the request.  We had some happy boys on Christmas Morning, and some pretty happy Parents and Grandparents too.

 
Every year at school they have a "Santa's Workshop" where the kids can go and buy presents for their parents.  Most definitely our favorite presents of the season come from this activity.  This year I got a candle and a "Mom" necklace, and Chad got a screwdriver set and a FABULOUS tie.  Not only does it look good, but it sounds good too! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive