Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Mexico or Bust!

A few girlfriends and I decided that we needed deserved a vacation.  Correction, one of our friends decided that we needed a vacation and then being the persistent person that she is she talked us all into it.  She really had to twist our arms let me tell you!  I stayed out of the planning, not sure if it's because I'm lazy or deep down I like the element of surprise, but either way I had no idea what I was getting into.  I never looked up the resort, never really asked any questions.  I just knew we were headed to Mexico in January and I was along for the ride.  The first day I won't lie, was a bit rough.  Our first lunch experience was just okay, we headed to the beach where it proceeded to get really windy and then started to rain and continued to rain the entire night.  I was nervous to say the least, but the next morning we woke up to the sun shining and the birds chirping and our luck was about to change.  From that point on we had AMAZING weather, and the food got better too!  We did a lot of lounging around, made friends with the resident donkey, tasted I think every drink on the menu, played some drinking games, took in a "Divas" show and one night we even gave the "Disco" a real run for it's money.  Personally the "Disco" night was my favorite night.  There's something about all of your favorite pop tunes being mixed with some latin flare that really gets your moves flowing (it was either that or the shots I guess).  All in all we had a pretty fabulous time but we were pretty excited to get home to some real americanized food (and our husbands and kids of course)!
 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive