Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Behind the Scenes

This latest photo session inspired me to share what "behind the scenes" looks like at a photo shoot involving young children.  Behind every great smile there is someone working very hard to make that smile happen.  Like I mentioned before I broke out the big guns this time and had my friend Jessie come up and serve as a rodeo clown (her words not mine).  She came with toys, treats, juice boxes, videos, mad peek-a-boo skills and a creepy laughing baby doll. The things we do for family pictures!  

Before Jessie got there we tried the old fashion way by trying to charm Ethan ourselves with our winning personalities and tickling fingers...


Nope, not happening.  Enter Jessie.  And sugar.


While I tried to get a picture of the kids with the Grandparents I heard a big commotion going on behind me.  I turned around to find this...


With all the attention on getting the kids to smile and people hootin' and hollarin' and jumping and singing, the adults themselves started to get loopy...


But sometimes, no matter how hard you try…the kids persevere through and hold out on those smiles.


So then you break out the videos...


And you stop a stranger with a dog and you have Uncle Alex magically appear from behind a tree and then you get it.  That magical smile.  And you celebrate, and hoot and hollar and sing and dance all over again.  This time not to get a reaction but to celebrate waiting that kiddo out…and winning!  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive